- 1lb Flour + Water Spaghetti
- 2 good eggs (you know, the ones with the bright orange yolks), ideally at room temp
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
- Good Salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino (will still be delicious with exclusively parm, if you don’t have both cheeses)
- Heavy pour of Cí Cí Chili Oil
Break and beat the eggs in the serving bowl you intend for the finished pasta. Add the cheese and a good 3-fingered pinch of good salt and fresh black pepper each, stir together.
Cook spaghetti until al-dente — remember to salt the water so it tastes like the sea, and reserve a mug of cooking water when you drain the pasta. Drain the cooked pasta and immediately add to the bowl, stir rapidly until the cheesy egg mixture has coated each noodle. If the mixture feels too thick or dry, add a few spoonfuls of pasta water to loosen the sauce.
Finally, finish the pasta with a heavy drizzle of Cí Cí Chili Oil. Serve with additional parm.
Learn more about our friends Like Family here.
Photo Credit: Colin Price